Check here for the latest retreats, workshops, trunk shows, exhibits, and more.
Karie Jewell Workshop, RESCHEDULED: May 1, 2021
DUE TO COVID19 AND STAY AT HOME ORDERS, this workshop has been cancelled for this year. We are attempting to reschedule for May 1, 2021. If you registered, please email the guild for more information.
TBD: we will announce this closer to the event
Registration: ON HOLD
- CVAMQG Members: $85
- Non-Members: $100
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING REGISTRATIONS OR PAYMENTS AT THIS TIME. Complete the registration form and submit it. Then send your payment to the guild: PO Box 5421 Glen Allen, Virginia 23058.
Registration payment is by cash, check or through VenMO. Please use CVAMQG for VenMO.
- Class & Kit (Kit contains templates for 1 block, the pattern, and a bobbin of thread)
- Catered Lunch (Dinner on your own 4-5:30pm)
- Evening Trunk Show 6-8pm
Students Should Bring:
- #10 Milliners needles by Tulip
- Rotary Cutter & Scissors
- Fabric & matching thread
This year we are doing a Quilt-Along as a guild using the Folksy pattern by Bridget Dermott from the Modern Quilt Guild. As part of the Quilt-Along, we are hosting skill-building workshops for each of the blocks in the quilt, as well as a FMQ and binding workshop.
The block workshops will be taught by guild members. Workshops are free to CVAMQG members and open to non-members for a $10 contribution per workshop.
Members and non-members must register for the workshops in advance. This ensures the instructors have enough handouts and the room has enough tables and ironing stations. Supply lists and handouts will be emailed to registrants before each workshop.
Block Workshop Schedule
- Triangles, Saturday March 21: CANCELLED DUE TO PUBLIC HEALTH PRECAUTIONS if you are a guild member, please see the MQG CVAMQG social circle to get the handouts.
- Flying Geese, Saturday May 16: CANCELLED DUE TO PUBLIC HEALTH PRECAUTIONS if you are a guild member, please see the MQG CVAMQG social circle to get the handouts.
- All Things Circles, Saturday June 13: 9am to 1pm. Christ Church Episcopal. Add some curves to your quilts with Candy! We’ll learn the quick 7 minute reverse applique, Drunkard’s Path and regular applique.
- Free Motion Quilting on your domestic machine, Saturday August 8: 9am-4pm; lunch on your own. Christ Church Episcopal. Join Kelly for a beginner to intermediate workshop on FMQ on your home machine. We’ll learn basic meanders, edge-to-edge patterns, and some Shape by Shape quilting techniques based on Angela Walter’s technique.
- Binding & Hanging Sleeves, Saturday September 26: 9am-1pm. Bon Air United Methodist Church. Truda and Megan will teach 2 types of binding and how to add those pesky hanging sleeves for shows.